Yesterday I woke up at 7 am, second hung-over morning in a row (did you know that the Kraken is not just a destroyer of sailors, but college students as well? And delicious) and wrote out the entire script for the comic. My theory is that I had successfully drank all of the thoughts, anxieties, and excuses out of my head, in some kind of alcoholic Zen Master type deal.However, I will not be doing that again, anytime soon.
Unfortunately, today is Labor Day, so everywhere on earth (including the Mac Lab) is closed. This means I can't scan and post the hand drawn thumbnails-and-full-script-stew until tomorrow. I spent two hours walking around town for a coffeeshop type joint to hop on the internet to at least update this here blog, and the only place that is open is my job. It's nice, because I'm getting to check up on cool blogs of other comic artists that inspire me like Sarah Turner's blog check out that super fly 3-point perspective of the town! Getting to see other comic artists push their skills and comfort zones and succeed really gets my heart beating again. But probably I need to go home to type the script up proper in Word (as much as I like my little scribbly handwritten draft, I need have it type to email it to Dr. Helms! Plus, it will be much, much easier to word off of a clean, typed up script, versus what I have presently.) So time for more walking, late lunch making, and type-type-typing back at the casa.
Updates on how that goes sometime later tonight!
EDIT: Script has been all typed up! It took me the duration of the movie "Juno" (It helps to have a movie that I've seen before playing in the background when I'm doing tedious-but-necessary stuff like typing up things that I've handwritten or inking penciled drafts, ect. Why this is, I do not know.) and then some, lying on my stomach on the floor in our living room, but I did it! Now I'm already itching to revise it! Yeah!
Today was fueled by Mellow Mushroom's gluten free pizza, good friends, and 50 Cent's birthday. (Check out his Twitter feed- I don't usually read stuff like that, but it is HY-STERICAL. Mental potato chips, friends.) Scans to-morrow.
I was promised scans!!!
ReplyDeleteOh well. I'm just glad to have the script :)
ReplyDeleteThis blog seems to be working out well. It's good to be able to peek inside of your creative process, as well as document the work you put in.